Monday 9 November 2020

St John

 Today we had a session from St John. Paula came in and told us about C.P.R and if someone was unconscious. 

Danger, if you see someone laying on the you look for Danger for 5 seconds, if something or someone puts you in Danger don't approach them.

Response, if theirs no Dangers and you approach them you check if they Respond to you by hitting them with the back of the hand on the collarbone.

if they don't Respond then Send for help in New Zealand call 111 for an ambulance if you don't have a phone ask someone to them or see if they have a phone.

Airway, tilt there head up so it opens the airway and so they don't choke on their tongue.

Breathing, then put your hand on their stomach and your ear over their mouth so you can hear and feel if they're Breathing do that for 10 seconds, if they are breathing roll them on their side so they don't choke on anything.

C.P.R, if they're not breathing start doing C.P.R if it is a adult start using two hands link together, arms straight, bottom of the palm in the middle of their chest and start pushing down with your arms straight 30 of those 2 breaths through the mouth.

Defib (AED), if they're people around ask them to go to the closest Defib to bring back to shock them until the ambulance comes and tell you to stop.

have you learnt this before?


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post