Thursday 3 September 2020

Sacraments



SACRAMENT

BIBLE REFERENCE

PICTURE / INFOGRAPHIC

Baptism

John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.


Confirmation

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”


Eucharist

John 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.


Reconciliation

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Marriage

Matthew 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

 

Holy Orders

Acts 3:3-6

3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

5 This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convert to Judaism. 6 They presented these men to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them.


Anointing of the sick

Mark 5:34 He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”














No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post