Tuesday 26 November 2019

Sand Dunes

Today we went on a trip to the beach and learnt about the sand dunes.
Here's how they form first they start at the mountains then the rocks fall off by erosion then fall into the river and the rocks will turn into sand and the river leads to the ocean then the ocean moves on the beach then the wind is coming from the east because the wind comes 75% from the east making sand dunes.
There are plants on the sand dunes called marine grass, pingao, spinifex and ice plant sand dunes can protect houses stormy waves can destroy sand dunes.
There are also creatures in there like a spider, a gecko, then we went off to build a sand dune and do stuff to it like how a stormy wave would do to the sand dune.
Then we had morning tea then we made sand ladders and decorate our sand dunes here's our one.
Do you know anything else about sand dunes?
Carousel image

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, my name is Mehmet at Room 23 at Owairaka District School. I really liked your blog post about Sand Dunes there's a lot of detail in it and I like it like that I also remember doing something like this. Have you tried more and more good detail?

    Thanks for sharing your learning. You should check out my blog at http://odsmehmet.blogspot.com/.

    Blog you later Ruma Rua.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post